Money Market Fund - Uganda
Money Market Fund Banner(Business)
Money Market Fund(Business)
Money Market Fund
What Is Money Market Fund?
A money market fund is a type of unit trusts that invests in low-risk investments with an element of guaranteed return such as fixed deposit accounts,treasury bills or in a commercial bonds. A money market fund invests mainly in fixed income securities with short investment duration and high credit quality.
These fund aims to obtain a high level of current income than most bank deposits while protecting investor’s capital. It invests in money market securities with a maturity of less than 12 months allowing for a higher than average rate of return as well as immediate liquidity. The income that the fund earns is accrued daily and distributed to the unit holders net of fund costs.
- Benefits of the Britam money market fund
- Why Britam Money Market Fund?
- Why Should You invest in a Money Market Fund?
They are a low-risk, high liquidity method to grow your money.
- Low risk means you can’t lose the principal amount you put in and your money grows every month.
- High liquidity means you can get your money back quickly when you need it (within three working days).
- You earn compound interest not simple interest. Simple interest is calculated on the principal alone, but compound interest is calculated on the principal and interest earned. In simple terms, compound interest means that you begin to earn interest income on your interest income, resulting in your money growing at an ever- accelerating rate.
- Your money is invested by professionals to ensure maximum return and low risk.
- You can top up at any time, unlike with a fixed deposit account at a bank where you can’t top up anytime.
- * Attractive interest. Although the interest rate fluctuates, you get way better interest than you would in an ordinary bank savings account.
- Invest from as low as Kshs. 1,000
- Earn Daily compounding interest (9-11%*)
- Ease of withdrawal - Within 48 hrs straight to M-Pesa
The Britam money market fund is your ideal investment option for cash you intend to use to meet your short term goals. These may include:
- School Fees
- Deposit - Car/Mortgage /Land
- Chama/Investment Funds
- Family and Staff welfare funds - for weddings and burials etc.
- Wedding planning
- Construction/Project funds
- Holiday Planning, etc.